FIVE REASONS TO BOOK YOUR NEXT VACATION RENTAL DIRECT
Book Vacation Rentals Direct And Save the Fees
Did you know that Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, and TripAdvisor add hundreds of dollars of fees to your booking total? These service fees are buried in the online quotes and do not go to the homeowners. The homeowners have already paid to list their properties.
Direct Contact With The Owner Helps Make Your Stay Better
When booking a vacation rental, peace of mind is important. Want to know if there is a grill, a hammock, a grocery store close by? Is the vacation rental pet friendly? When you book direct, you can get answers to all of your important questions before you commit to booking.
Many Of The Best Vacation Rentals Aren’t Listed On The Major Sites
Because of the cost of using the big sites, the best vacation homes with the highest demand cannot be found on the big websites. Along North Carolina’s beaches, alone, only 30 percent of the homes for rent can be found on the big websites. By limiting your search to HomeAway, VRBO, Airbnb, etc., you might be missing out on the best vacation home for your family or group.
Owners Have Intimate Knowledge About The Destination And The Home
Owners can provide important details about their home and amenities. As an expert for the destination, they can send you to the best activities, restaurants, and area service providers.
If You Have Special Needs, The Owner Can Help
Looking for help with your families special needs or help with pets? An owner can work with you directly to help with any of your individual needs and give you these assurances before you commit to booking.
HOW TO BOOK DIRECT WITH THE OWNER
- Search for your perfect vacation rental on any of the listing sites. Identify your top choices, noting the property’s name and location. Use your search engine (i.e. Google) to search for the property name and city and possibly the owner’s name.
- Search on Facebook for the house name and location to see if some of your favorite properties have a website or a Facebook page; most do. From there you can contact the owner/manager directly.
- Search for property listings on state and local tourism sites such as https://www.virginia.org/ or http://www.graysoncountyva.gov/ These steps can save you hundreds of dollars in booking fees from the listing websites (and you won’t be bombarded by their continual spam after you inquire on a property).
The following listing sites do not charge a service fee to guests:
- Houfy: https://www.houfy.com/
- Vacation Soup: https://vacationsoup.com/
- Vacation Home Rental Network: http://vhrnetwork.com/
- Virginia Vacation Rentals: https://www.vavacationrentals.com/
Book directly with us and get the best prices and our local knowledge of restaurants, outfitters, things to do, and must see attractions. Please feel free to contact us. We’re happy to share our knowledge about the New River and our beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.