Welcome to River Mist Retreat
- A secluded riverfront vacation home on 40 private acres.
- 5 Minutes to downtown Fries and the entrance to the New River Trail
- Accommodates up to 6 guests.
- Master bedroom features a Private Balcony overlooking the river.
- Game Room with Foosball table, books, and board games.
- 2 TVs with Streaming.
- Home features tons of Windows to enjoy the views of The New River!
- Outside Summer Kitchen includes a propane grill and dining area.
- Fire Pit by the river.
- Outdoor game area includes 2 play houses, horse shoe pits, picnic tables, and a volleyball court.
For more photos visit our galleries page
River Mist Retreat is located in Fries, a quaint town in the Blue Ridge Highlands of Grayson County, VA. All four seasons are enjoyed in the Blue Ridge Highlands. Spring provides a spectacular backdrop as the landscape comes to life with the beautiful blooms. Due to the elevation, Summers are mild with an average high of 82 degrees in July. The Fall is breathtaking with the stunning foliage which reaches it’s peak in mid to late October. The Winter season is perfect for invigorating hikes with unobstructed views. River Mist Retreat is a 2 hour drive from Charlotte, N.C., 1 1/2 hours from Winston-Salem, N.C. and Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA, and 5 ½ hours from Washington DC.
What you get as standard
DVD & Book Library
Central A/C & Heat
2 Flat Screen TVs with Streaming
Broadband Internet with WiFi
Horse Shoe Pit
Linens & Towels
Washer & Dryer
Propane BBQ Grill
Iron & Board
Children's Log Playhouses